Openbucks is a payment gateway that enables online merchants to accept cash and retailer gift cards as a form of payment from consumers who do not use bank accounts or credit cards to transact online. Openbucks has over 680,000+ servicing payment locations via CVS/Pharmacy, Dollar General, Circle K, paysafecard and Pacific Coffee. Openbucks services 2,000+ online merchants directly or via PSP's and aggregators.
NOTE: With the acquisition of Openbucks, all new Openbucks integrations are now via paysafecard.
There are two methods of integration by using our payment API or plugins. Customers simply select the 'Cash and Gift Cards' button on your checkout and are redirected to the paysafecard payment page via Openbucks to complete the transaction. You'll receive a postback notification so that goods can be delivered.
Openbucks cannot be used in connection with any merchant, website, products or hosted content that:
• Are related to adult entertainment, gambling, VPNs, or buy fans categories
• Infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party intellectual property right
• Slander, defame, libel or invade the right of privacy or other property rights of any person
• Promote illegal activities, illicit drug use, or any content that might be libelous, defamatory, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
• Violate U.S. state or federal laws, Canadian state or federal laws, or the laws of the countries in which the merchant operates or sells its products, including but not limited to privacy, consumer protection and data protection, gambling, alcohol, and child pornography laws
• Are unlawful, or would otherwise give rise to civil liability, under any applicable law or regulation
• Operate in a manner that is harmful to any person or entity, or engage in deceptive practices
• Sell closed-loop gift cards, except for their own (and it cannot be used at any third-party merchant)
• Top up a wallet or other type of prepaid access or digital currency usable at a third-party merchant
• Sell open-loop cards, fiat currency, crypto-currency, or cash-equivalent electronic currency of any kind
• Are related to forex trading or binary options (also known as fixed return options)
• Operate dating websites, unless the website has been reviewed and approved in writing by Openbucks
• Run “skin gambling” operations or otherwise facilitate “skin gambling” arrangements
Yes. You can get real-time insight on your sales growth with Openbucks. We offer reporting and analytics tools via graphs, downloadable CSV files or APIs. A designated account manager will help you to set up your account and to maximize your sales over the Openbucks platform.
We offer 24/7 customer support to help with any Openbucks transaction. Please direct your customers to our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage users to check our website to find answers to frequently asked questions here.
Each transaction is SSL 256-bit secure. This level of encryption is highly secure and used most often for communications with banks and credit agencies to maintain the privacy and security of customers. We also have robust AML and fraud mitigation in place.
Yes. We have a robust AML and anti-fraud policy and procedures perfected by years of gift card processing. We ensure merchants are verified to control for money laundering and other risks and to meet the Know Your Customer (KYC), anti-money laundering (AML), and the US Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) requirements. We also have controls in place to track and mitigate any high-risk transaction activity at the user level including user spending limits (daily, weekly and monthly). We also ID verify large spending customers and monitor for any unusual activity using a risk queue.
We process gift card payments which means payment data is closed-loop only, thus outside of the scope of PCI compliance. No customer data is ever entered into, or stored on plugins or other 3rd party servers. Upon checkout, customers are redirected to the Openbucks payment website. The customer enters their payment information directly into our secure environment so that the web shop never comes into contact with the customers payment data. Once the payment process is complete, customers will be redirected back to your store.
This is an all-in-one solution that allows your customers to purchase products that are not possible to inventory in-store, offer more choices, never lack on stock and sell virtual products in-store. Depending on your unique needs, this is also a great way to sell products at 3rd party retailers that are often hard to get into (high margins and little retail space to take in new products).
No. For example, BetterHelp is one of our merchants who offers an online service (rather than physical products) so the redemption is done on our Pay with Gift Cards platform linked directly to their checkout.
We are integrated with various payment processors such as First Data, Vantiv, Incomm and more. If you are using your own gift cards, there would be no technical integration on your end and our process allows the redemption to be done at the SKU level.
The oBucks card is a closed-loop, digital prepaid card issued by Openbucks. oBucks cards are redeemable in 1,000+ online games. At the reseller’s request, Openbucks can also issue oBucks cards that are restricted to being redeemed at a specific merchant.
oBucks cards are redeemable in 1,000+ online games and are also supported by most of the merchants who use one of the following monetization platforms: Paymentwall, Xsolla, G2A Pay and more. For a list of games (but non-exhaustive), visit our oBucks merchant list here.